The University of Seville, through the website of the Doctorate Service, reports everything related to the Doctorate studies in the following link:
In a detailed way, it offers information to all users about the regulations and training offer (specifying the current PhD program plans and their lines of research); as well as, orientation to the student (access, admission, enrollment calendar, scholarships and grants, academic-administrative information, ...) and to the bodies responsible for the programs in everything related to PhD studies.
PhD studies are currently regulated by Royal Decree 99/2011, of January 28, which regulates official PhD studies and incorporates as novelties with respect to previous regulations:
• New access requirements that make entry to PhD studies more flexible.
• It establishes the duration of studies along with the student's part- or full-time conditions:
• Full-time student: 3 + 1 + 1 yearly courses
• Part-time student: 5 + 2 + 1 yearly courses
• New documents to monitor the PhD student's activities:
• Research plan (replaces the thesis project).
• Documentary commitment.
• Document of PhD student activities.
• International Mention in Doctor's Degree: it replaces the "European Doctor", with similar requirements.
• Thesis evaluation procedure:
• The Dissertation committee must be composed of a majority of external members.
• Thesis (quantitative assessment) + document of activities of the PhD student (qualitative assessment).
This regulation is developed by the University of Seville:
• Agreement 9.1 / CG 19-4-12 approving the regulations governing the PhD thesis conditions
• Agreement 7.2 / CG 17-6-11 approving the Regulations for PhD studies in accordance with the regulations of the R.D. 99/2011.
For any questions related to the Doctoral Program in Integrative Biology: contact here